With our scenic beauty and laid-back lifestyle, it’s no wonder that Sonoma County consistently ranks high as one of the top places to live and work. If you’ve never visited before, you will soon discover why people love living here. But don’t just take our word for it. Find out what others are saying about Sonoma County:
Located less than an hour’s drive north of San Francisco, Sonoma County enjoys the world-class culture of the San Francisco Bay Area, while still maintaining its agricultural heritage and rustic charm. Not surprisingly, Sonoma County was recently ranked as one of the top 100 metropolitan places to live by U.S. News and World Report.
In fact Sonoma County and its Cities are consistently ranked very high in lifestyle surveys:
- One of the top 10 Best Places for Job Growth by Forbes Magazine
- In the top 55 metropolitan areas for most-educated residents by Wallethub.com
- Santa Rosa named on the Healthiest Place to Live by Wallethub.com
- One of the top 10 places for Minority-Owned Businesses by Nerdwallet.com
- Ranked in the top 20 counties in the U.S. for climate/scenic beauty by the U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Home to inspiring artists, athletes and entrepreneurs under 30, including Olympic medalist Maya DiRado and New York Times best-selling author Emma Cline.